This role has primary responsibility for developing and managing the forecast models in-line and pre-commercial brands. The role coordinates input from Commercial leaders, Finance, Clinical and other relevant functions.
This role will also support the use of quantitative analytics to directly inform marketing, sales and market access investments and services decisions across the commercial organization. This is focused on resolving `strategic analytic capability' business problems by applying scientific methodology and/or innovative/quantitative analytic approaches. The Forecasting Analytics Associate Director will adapt analytic frameworks across multiple commercial initiatives to drive improved decision-making discipline and more effective business outcomes.
This individual plays a critical role in enhancing Marketing, Sales, Market Access and Commercial Operations offerings; interpreting information to shape commercial decisions and embedding insights into future strategic initiatives. This role will also provide regular analytic support in preparation for a rage of investor discussions, Board of Director meeting
• Primary responsibility to functional support for marketing for building, maintaining and reporting the operational sales forecast.
• Works closely with Finance and other functions on downstream implications of forecast including manufacturing, sales, samples, etc.
• Introduces innovative quantitative analytic solutions that assess ROI, determine optimal promotional mixes, and guide optimized commercial investments. Serves as a proactive internal decision-support consultant to Radius’ commercial teams (Marketing, Market Access, Sales, etc.).
• Works closely with Commercial Leadership to capture project requirements and desired outcomes, makes recommendations, and provides insight and guidance to the Decision Support team to further progress initiatives.
• Oversees and coordinates analytical tasks which include the evaluation of business problems/issues, selecting appropriate analytical methodology, and the validation, documentation and presentation of findings and recommendations.
Experience and Qualifications:
• Advanced degree (i.e., MBA, MA in Quantitive Sciences, PhD) preferred; minimally a Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (e.g., Business Administration, Decision Sciences, Mathematics or relevant degree).
• 5-7 years’ Pharmaceutical Analytical experience;
• Experience with market based forecast models and operational forecasting design and analysis
• Experience in usage of qualitative/quantitative analytical and modeling techniques
• Strong informal and formal communication skills – excellent presentation skills; comfortable presenting to senior management.
• Well-developed business acumen and strategic agility. Able to develop and communicate timely business insights from the data, share and defend those insights.
• Ability to think outside current processes and make recommendations.
• Strong people skills and a solid team player.
• Ability to lead initiatives with minimal supervision.
• Experience in a variety of brand team or field analytics; experience managing vendor contracts and relationships.
• Project/program management expertise.